Simeone Museum Tour - SJR and Friends

4 replies to this topic

#1 megmeyer

professional

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:Racing, Computers, Boating, Hockey, Stargate SG-1, Linda Eder (singer)

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:18 PM

SJR is organizing a guided tour of the Simeone Museum on Saturday, Feb.27, 2010. As a plus, that day is a Demonstration Day featuring the very rare 1963 Corvette Grand Sport and the 1964 Cobra Daytona Coupe that will be held outdoors at 12 noon weather permitting. More details about the Museum can be found at The Simeone Foundation Museum site.

Invited and encouraged to attend are SJR members, NJMP Flag Corps, and NJMP Admin and office workers and guests of all. The museum is located near the Philadelphia International Airport, hours are 10am to 4pm, and it is probably wise to dress warmly. Admission is generally $12, but more info will be forthcoming.

All who plan to attend should contact Don by mobile or email anytime at:

Don Colanero
609-315-3466
ignats@comcast.net

Our goal at this point is an estimate of attendance by approx. the end of next week. Correspondence will be continuing, feel free to call.
Meg
SJR Webmaster, Chief of Timing & Scoring

#2 megmeyer

professional

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:Racing, Computers, Boating, Hockey, Stargate SG-1, Linda Eder (singer)

Posted 25 February 2010 - 10:35 PM

UPDATE from Don: :)

We now have a private tour! This new and improved event update follows in two important parts :

1. Schedule - what we have arranged

11:15am All meet in the museum foyer and prepare for the demo and tour..

12:00pm Parking lot demo of the '63 Grand Sport Corvette and the '64 Cobra Daytona Coupe presented by Dr. Simeone with an explanation of their acquisition and significance. (if the weather fails to be enthusiastic, we still might enjoy their thunder at rest)

1:30pm Private tour begins from the foyer accompanied by a staff member.

2. Action - what you need to do

a) Contact me. (email or 609-315-3466 ) anytime BEFORE 12:00pm on Friday to confirm your attendance. That Friday afternoon I will be paying the museum a group rate for all who confirmed before 12 noon. This eliminates a bottleneck at the door and gives the staff a heads up for planning purposes.

:) Dress warm. The museum is cool, uh, sometimes cold; you won't be hanging your coat on a hook.

c) Pay me on Saturday. $15 per person which includes admission, "The Best of Britain" Show, and the tour. Cash or check will be fine, no green stamps, penny collections, chickens, etc. please. Children under 8 are free, let me know if you are bringing a student (price undetermined at this time).

The museum website (includes directions): http://www.simeonefoundation.org/

That's all for now, folks. Spread the word, feel free to call with questions, stay tuned in case of additional info.

Looking forward to the company of those spirited people, their passion warms to words like history, art, engineering, competition, athleticism, and celebration, those fervent people of the SJR-SCCA !

Don
Meg

#3 megmeyer

professional

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 10:36 PM

So, is anyone going? I think it's going to be an excellent day! Hope to see some of you there!
Meg

#4 valerieh

professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:10 AM

View Postmegmeyer, on Feb 25 2010, 10:36 PM, said:

So, is anyone going? I think it's going to be an excellent day! Hope to see some of you there!

The Heun family will be there.
Val
SJR Club Racing Registration Chief
ITR #70 Honda S2000
ITC #7 VW Rabbit (may she rest in peace)

I've heard any landing you can walk away from is a good landing . . . I bet that applies to planes too.

#5 IMPREZvWRX

professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 09:24 AM

I bought my Monster Jam tickets a few weeks before this came up, so I'll be watching cars get run over instead. :)
Chris - 37 SM - 1999 Subaru Impreza RS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users