2010 winter series???

10 replies to this topic

#1 ronnycage

driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:29 PM

A couple of fellow sjr autoxers and I were discussing on how to get new members and what makes us lose members... and reasons why we may stop autox etc.

well our biggest complaint is downtime... when theres a good 2-5 month gap between races alot of us lose interest or persue a different interest.

so a good 8-10 of us discussed it and said if there was another winter series we would be down to compete whether snow rain etc. is there any chance of this happening whether philly region is involved or not? njmp and ccc would be perfect we dont technically NEED philly region sooo whatever you guys decide would be awesome.

is this possible???

and is anyone else interested in getting this organized?

post it up!!!

Ron Murphy -86 sm2- rip... now 98 st... 98 civic ex
Posted Image

its not about what you drive, its about what drives you.
http://www.hondafactor.com

#2 bronxbomber252

professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:44 AM

Id totally be down for this... I got my Autox start in the winter series
Bryan - #66 STR
2001 Honda S2000
2009 Rookie of the Year
2010 STR Champion
Posted Image
"With men and women all in one day...your car might need an intervention" -Jon Caserta (IntegraR0064)

#3 Ciotti

professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:25 AM

Very interested, I'll call Brian tonight to see if we can begin getting this organized :)
2010 & 2011 Solo Co-Chair
2012 & 2013 Driver of the Year
Photos and Videos
Posted Image

#4 ronnycage

driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:03 PM

i was able to get several people interested throughout the winter... the track is closed soooo whats the average parked in the garage car to do other then sit :)

Ron Murphy -86 sm2- rip... now 98 st... 98 civic ex
Posted Image

its not about what you drive, its about what drives you.
http://www.hondafactor.com

#5 Rocco

novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:cars/trucks/motorcycles or course. music, the beach, bbq's, bmx, mx. working in the shop

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:18 PM

im definately interested. in november i get the lay off from njmp until march so thats when my weekends open up. im interested in working or competing/participating in events. i was talking to dave teal this past weekend and i asked him about down time in the winter and he had mentioned the solo2(gymkhana,autox whatever you want to call it). either way im down
www.subaru.com

#6 toycoma

rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 11:11 PM

View PostRocco, on Sep 15 2009, 01:18 AM, said:

im definately interested. in november i get the lay off from njmp until march so thats when my weekends open up. im interested in working or competing/participating in events. i was talking to dave teal this past weekend and i asked him about down time in the winter and he had mentioned the solo2(gymkhana,autox whatever you want to call it). either way im down
I am co driving your car right? Meaning, I get to drive it also. You can run my numbers and just put a N in to make it novice So I would be 111 AS and you would just have to get some magnetic Ns to put on when you do your runs.

#7 198esp

rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:07 PM

I think there are a couple of reasons why sjr never seems to grow. One is the number of events people want to race, more events would help,another thing is the lot kinda small compared to englishtown, warminster,medowlands. very difficult to get a demanding course with both technical and high speed stuff. i think the lot size is the big downer of the sjr if you could get great adventure get somebody like strano or perry to design the course people will show up. I think the majority of people want a national level course and will travel to get it. The serious racers want good competition and good courses. If you can do that then people will become returning customers.

#8 Spanky

instructor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Photography - Graphic Design - Braking and fixing my Neon

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:00 AM

Sorry for bringing up an old thread,but... Was anything else said about the planning of a winter series? Since the summer is coming to a near end,so is auto-x and winter is dead for motorsports in our area for the most part.
Posted Image

Frankie - #38 FSP
1998 Dodge Neon ACR
2001 Dodge Neon R/T (RIP)
2010 Rookie of the Year
http://www.facebook....nkrophotography

#9 Ciotti

professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:40 PM

NJMP usually contacts us around November or December about running one :unsure:
2010 & 2011 Solo Co-Chair
2012 & 2013 Driver of the Year
Photos and Videos
Posted Image

#10 Spanky

instructor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Photography - Graphic Design - Braking and fixing my Neon

Posted 23 August 2010 - 02:48 PM

Good News!
Posted Image

Frankie - #38 FSP
1998 Dodge Neon ACR
2001 Dodge Neon R/T (RIP)
2010 Rookie of the Year
http://www.facebook....nkrophotography

#11 05bluestang

driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:SOLO, NASCAR Soccer, Football (Yes I am a Cowboys fan, whatcha gonna do about it?)

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:01 PM

I am in if the 2010/11 winter series happens, NJMP it's not even 10 min from my house.
Helmut #001 SM

05 Mustang GT Premium, Techco SC @ 10psi (465rwhp, 450rwtq), J&M Control Arms, BMR Panhard Bar and Rod, FRPP Springs, Tokico D-Spec Shocks, Stock Wheels, Hoosier Rubber for racing, 275/40-18 fronts (Nitto NT05) and 315/35-18 rear drag radials ( Toyo Proxes TQ) for the street blah, blah, blah...............
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users