←  SJR RR Tech Shed

SJR Forums

»

ite car

198esp's Photo 198esp 07 Sep 2008

does the sjr have or run ite cars and if they do what do they consist of I have a 98 z28 camaro i have been autoxing for 7 years and looking to get it closer to a c/p and ite. It looks like the rules for ite change per region. if anybody has any info like allowable mods or required safty ie fuel cell or so. Thanks in advance Kevin

megmeyer's Photo megmeyer 09 Sep 2008

View Post198esp, on Sep 7 2008, 11:37 PM, said:

does the sjr have or run ite cars and if they do what do they consist of I have a 98 z28 camaro i have been autoxing for 7 years and looking to get it closer to a c/p and ite. It looks like the rules for ite change per region. if anybody has any info like allowable mods or required safty ie fuel cell or so. Thanks in advance Kevin

Kevin,

We use the NeDiv ITE rules - and the specs are on the NESCCA website (http://www.nescca.com).

Meg

dspgti's Photo dspgti 09 Sep 2008

ITE is the most outragious class to run in. Every World Challenge, factory backed, mega sponsored ex-race car seems to get into ITE. Want to run against twin turbo RX7's, Audi S4 Quatttro's and every other varient that has outlived the series that they use to run in? My advise is find another class if you want to expand out of your current level. That is unless there is no one else in the class where you run. But then what's the point?

Want to do something a little more fun? You should think about Time Trials. The Pennsylvania Hillclimb Association runs 8 hillclimbs and 2 road course time trials in the area. They accept all road race classes as well as the SOLO II classes of Street Prepared and Street Mod. The V8 Camaro's and Mustangs like the Street Mod or A Sedan classes. Go to pahillclimb.org for more info. With so many SJ Region drivers and workers in the PHA series maybe we can talk SJ into holding an event at NJMP.

Dave Y.