←  Other Regional News

SJR Forums

»

Velocity-17 (karting and more)

Guest_waveydavey_* 02 Jul 2007

http://v-17.com/

I found a few reviews in different message boards about the facility... and talked to the owner about 9 months ago.

The karts are electric, meaning no indoor breathing issues while karting. ;)
They have lots of other high-end toys to play with as well, ie simulator type stuff.

do a google search on V 17 Karting and read what others are saying... looks pretty dern cool.

mikep's Photo mikep 04 Jul 2007

From reading other forums, it looks very good. 46 second laps or so, $20 for 6 laps (I think).
The website sure sucks, though.

rippinmazda's Photo rippinmazda 18 Nov 2007

mikep, on Jul 4 2007, 10:57 AM, said:

From reading other forums, it looks very good. 46 second laps or so, $20 for 6 laps (I think).
The website sure sucks, though.

It's a pretty good place and the electric karts are suprisingly quick. I only have one complaint about the place though, the karts only have brakes on the rear wheels which prevents you from trail braking at all.

The deal is $20 for a membership (which you have to buy) and then $20 for one race or $60 for 4 races. Races usually last 7-8 laps @ 45 seconds a lap.

Ryan

A&O Racing aka Jones's Photo A&O Racing aka Jones 19 May 2008

Great fun for kids & adults. Safe and fun way to prove your racing skills.

The electric karts are very quick, quiker than gas karts, and you can actually drive without passing out from the fumes.

The staff are great.

They currently have a league races going, which is insanely fun.

Planned on doing auto crossing and DE's, but this league has substituted for it for the time being..

Jones