Any Chance of a Rallycross?

25 replies to this topic

#21 aerioAWD61

novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:10 PM

Alright gonna post here again. DC Region RallyX on April 20th in West Virginia. Anyone? I already pre registered.
Suzuki Racing Site
http://suzukicars.multiply.com

#22 Mike Kamm

rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Road Rally, Rallycross, Ice racing

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:32 PM

I've read through this thread with interest. I have always wondered how a state with so many people, could not have a rallycross series. Most of Jersey is flat and that is perfect for rallycross. But soft sandy areas are not, as they rut up too quickly.

Here in upstate NY we get a lot of Jersey cars out to our rallycross events. I'm sure rallycross would be very popular in NJ.

Mike

#23 Bill Hall

novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:48 AM

One would think it would be eazier to find a Rallycross site than a Solo site since it only needs to be an open field. If the same amount of money and insurance were available to the site owner, the only question is weather there would be enough participents interested to make it financialy do-able. I have been interested in participating, but not with any of my current vehicles. My thoughts were to put together a ratty, safe and reliable beater to run that would be dirt cheap to fix. I would imagine that there are many more out there with the same thoughts.

#24 Mike Kamm

rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:47 PM

Bill Hall, on 27 August 2010 - 07:48 AM, said:

My thoughts were to put together a ratty, safe and reliable beater to run that would be dirt cheap to fix. I would imagine that there are many more out there with the same thoughts.
I have done exactly that. I have documented my rallycross prep in this this thread. I'd still love to run in a rallycross in NJ some day.

Posted Image
Posted Image
The event pictured above was put on by the Central New York region. It was held at Rolling Wheels Raceway, a 5/8ths mile dirt track oval near Syracuse. You guys could try to contact New Egypt Speedway to see if they'd be open to the idea of your region putting on a rallycross on their 1/2 mile oval. You could possibly use the infield as well.

Mike

#25 megmeyer

professional

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:Racing, Computers, Boating, Hockey, Stargate SG-1, Linda Eder (singer)

Posted 17 March 2011 - 03:41 PM

Mike Kamm, on 14 March 2011 - 07:47 PM, said:

The event pictured above was put on by the Central New York region. It was held at Rolling Wheels Raceway, a 5/8ths mile dirt track oval near Syracuse. You guys could try to contact New Egypt Speedway to see if they'd be open to the idea of your region putting on a rallycross on their 1/2 mile oval. You could possibly use the infield as well.

Great idea, Mike. Want to be our Rallyx Chair?
Meg
SJR Webmaster, Chief of Timing & Scoring

#26 Mike Kamm

rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:28 PM

megmeyer, on 17 March 2011 - 03:41 PM, said:

Great idea, Mike. Want to be our Rallyx Chair?
Obviously I'm not in your area, but it would take someone like me with a passion for the sport, otherwise it will never happen. As always, there are many who would love to participate, but few who will lift a finger to make it happen. This seems to be the situation in the SJR. I was hoping there was someone in your area who might be inspired by my previous post.

For what it's worth, I speak from experience, as I have organized many events for my local club, A.M.E.C. They include four "Studs on Ice" ice time trial events, two Historic Ice Racing events, and several European Rallycross events. Yes, we did them well before NJMP did.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users