We need pit watchers for the Devil in the Dark

6 replies to this topic

#1 valerieh

professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:04 AM

For those of you who don't know, every year we put on a 12 hour endurance race with NJMP called the Devil in the Dark. This event is unique in our road racing events because there are pit stops that need to be monitored. Each team is required to provide a volunteer from thier crew but this usually only covers half of the time needed to cover a 12 hour race. So I am reaching out to the autocross community for volunteers.

I can't stress how truely fantastic this event is for a racing enthusiast. You get to watch and awsome race for free, we feed you and of course there is a party at midnight. If you are not an SCCA member we give you a free weekend membership for that weekend.

The date for the event is April 28th. It runs from noon to midnight. We are not asking anyone to work the entire event (unless you want to :D ) just a couple hours of your time.

You can sign up to work as a Pit Watcher on DLB using the following link:
http://www.dlbracing...=4828&LMID=2924

If anyone has any questions let me know
Val
SJR Club Racing Registration Chief
ITR #70 Honda S2000
ITC #7 VW Rabbit (may she rest in peace)

I've heard any landing you can walk away from is a good landing . . . I bet that applies to planes too.

#2 Andre

driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

Lots of fun - don't need anything special (as in 'whites' ;but, open footware and shorts may be a problem - Val?) and you get full access to the PITS and all. AND April 28 looks like an open SOLO2 weekend!

Andre

#3 Richter77

rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

And if you volunteer for three SCCA racing events through the year, you get a free day of Autox.

#4 valerieh

professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:45 PM

Thank you Andre. I can't believe I forgot to mention closed toe shoes and long pants are required to be in the pits.
Val
ITR #70 Honda S2000

I've heard any landing you can walk away from is a good landing . . . I bet that applies to planes too.

#5 valerieh

professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:37 AM

Bump

I still need alot more pit watchers to sign up for the Devil in the Dark. If you have already signed up many thanks. If you still haven't signed up please do. This is a spectator event and I want to get all the workers on the gate list so I need to know who's coming.

Here's the link again:
http://www.dlbracing...=4828&LMID=2924

If you have questions PM me or ask here.
Val
ITR #70 Honda S2000

#6 valerieh

professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:08 AM

Putting in one last plea for pit watchers. The event is this weekend. You don't want to miss this!

If you don't think Pit Watcher is your thing why not try flagging? They don't call it the second best seat in the house for nothing and I know we are in need of as many flaggers as possible. If you have any questions about flagging contact Dan Zane flagging@sjr-scca.org.

Sign up for all workers is: http://www.dlbracing...=4828&LMID=2930. Just select the specialty you are interested in.
Val
ITR #70 Honda S2000

#7 valerieh

professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:24 PM

Thank you anyone who came to help with the Devil in the Dark last weekend! Whether you did pit watching or relieved a flag station so they could eat dinner. Your participation is much appreciated. Don't forget to log volunteer days on your SCCA account. 2 or more days gets you increasing discounts on your membership.
Val
ITR #70 Honda S2000

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users