Radiator questions

4 replies to this topic

#1 chrisn81

novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:06 PM

Hey, most of you probably remember me from last season. I ran the dark red CRX in H-stock. In any case, my radiator burst today (while my face was under the hood. That was a close one) so I'm looking at replacements. I am planning on swapping the engine in another year or so and I'm looking at the mishimoto dual-core aluminum rad (http://www.mishimoto...shimoto%20Brand).

I am still planning to run H-stock this year, though. I couldn't find any definitive info on whether this thing is stock class legal, so I thought I'd run it past you guys here.

Thoughts? Advice? I'd be happy to hear either.

Thanks.

#2 Richter77

rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:38 PM

View Postchrisn81, on 24 May 2011 - 08:06 PM, said:

Hey, most of you probably remember me from last season. I ran the dark red CRX in H-stock. In any case, my radiator burst today (while my face was under the hood. That was a close one) so I'm looking at replacements. I am planning on swapping the engine in another year or so and I'm looking at the mishimoto dual-core aluminum rad (http://www.mishimoto...shimoto%20Brand).

I am still planning to run H-stock this year, though. I couldn't find any definitive info on whether this thing is stock class legal, so I thought I'd run it past you guys here.

Thoughts? Advice? I'd be happy to hear either.

Thanks.
Hi Chris, my advice to you is to buy the stock replacement HF CRX radiator. It is smaller than your DX rad. (lighter as well) and should have no problem keeping up with the heat from your engine. I ran one in my 87 CRX with a D16A1 Integra engine and a DIY turbo kit. I beat the crap out of that car and ran it in Philly traffic every week for four years. Never had an overheating issue. I would use the money saved to go over the rest of the coolant system. Just my opinion. -Bill

#3 chrisn81

novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:57 PM

Hm, interesting. I like that idea. Any idea if I'll have to do any modifying to get it in there?

#4 Richter77

rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:21 PM

View Postchrisn81, on 25 May 2011 - 03:57 PM, said:

Hm, interesting. I like that idea. Any idea if I'll have to do any modifying to get it in there?

It will drop in place, however it is not as long as your stock radiator. It will not reach the driver side top mount. You would need the top mount for the HF. The threaded hole is already there on top of your front support. Even if you had to buy that new, it shouldn't cost much. I should also note that I did not have air conditioning. If you plan on running it with a/c, rewire the main fan so it stays on when the compressor is running. I don't think there is enough room for both fans.

#5 chrisn81

novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:57 AM

Neat, thanks. I'll look in to that.

(My A/C crapped out long ago anyway. I'm probably going to tear the whole thing out while I'm in there anyway.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users