BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING

South Jersey Region-Sports Car Club of America, Inc.

September 2010

The September 2010 meeting of the Board of Directors for the South Jersey Region of the Sports Car Club of America was held at the home of Sue King on Wednesday evening, September 2, 2010. The meeting was called to order by R.E., Jim Tornetta at 8:15 PM.

Present were: Brian Heun, Bob Childress, Meg Meyer, Sue King, Jim Tornetta, Jim Wakemen, Mike Allenbaugh, and J.D. King. Guest was Val Heun.

Membership - Meg reported that we have 377 paid members to date.

Treasury - Sue reported that we have $3,100.00 in the general account and $52,000.00 in the race account.

Rally - Jim Wakemen reported on the next rally which is called Summers End. Checkpoint signs need to be updated at a cost of $100. Meg made a motion that we should get these signs, second by Mike. Motion carried. The Pine Barrens Express (PBX) is scheduled for November 20th. Permit applications are in the works with the State EPA & Parks and Recreation. Discussion on the recent rallycross event on the Lightning course. Meg reported that this event was attended by the second largest number of spectators this year.

Solo - Jim Tornetta reported that the solo truck has been delivered to Sue's farm and that the solo folks transferred all the equipment from the trailer to the truck. Discussion centered on the fireman's helmet that was placed in the truck (child's plastic version), J.D. suggested that we should look for a real helmet.

Old Business - Val was requested by John Harris for a refund for the test day that he did not attend at the Lightning Challenge. Brian made a motion that we credit that refund to future event and remind John that his request was past the 30 day cancellation period. This credit should be equal to or lesser value. Second by Meg. Motion carried. Val asked the Board to purchase a credit card swiper that works on Ethernet. J.D. made a motion that Val purchase it at her discretion, second by Meg. Motion carried. This cost will be deducted from the JRB share. Sue will follow up with a business that has merchant credit cards

New Business -Jim T. suggested that we should start now to get the annual banquet under way. Should it be at NJMP - consensus was that we should work to make plans to have it there. J.D. has reached out to various companies for sponsorship. It was decided that January 29, 2011 is the target date. Jim T. received a letter from Simeone Museum looking for racers to exhibit their race cars at a show to be held there on October 16 & 17. Discussion on the size of a booth and whether Guy Lamon would like to exhibit his cars. Jim will check with Guy. Jim received another letter for an autocross charity event that is to be held at Lincoln Financial field. Jim reported that Walt Huber from Northern New Jersey Region has a prototype of the old SCCA car badge, which are inlaid with cloisonné. They have not been available for about 40 years. If interested, let Jim know. J.D. also suggested that we do a South Jersey Region badge as well. Jim has been contacted by Ed Wolf of the VRG and that group would like to join forces with us to help them put on their events. They have an event at Lightning at the end of September. J.D. had a conversation with Ed about coordinating future events together. It was felt by the Board that we should suggest to the Solo chairs that they put out a informational flyer explaining what goes on at these events as the events usually have a large spectator turnout. Also, the Solo chairs should coordinate various jobs and utilize a checklist.

There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 9:15 PM.

Respectfully submitted,

Sue King
Secretary