BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING

South Jersey Region-Sports Car Club of America, Inc.

March 2010

The March 2010 meeting of the Board of Directors for the South Jersey Region of the Sports Car Club of America, Inc. was held at the home of Brian Heun on Wednesday evening, March 3, 2010. The meeting was called to order by R.E., Jim Tornetta at 8:20 PM.

Present were: Brian Heun, Jim Tornetta, Bob Childress, Meg Meyer, J.D. King, Jime Wakemen and Sue King. Guest was Val Heun.

Membership - Meg reported that we have 351 paid members to date. Meg asked the Board if they had received the "Welcome New Members" email that she had sent out for critique. No one had so she will resend.

Treasury - Sue reported for Craig that we have $1,100.00 in the operating/general account and $11,800.00 in the race account

Solo - Jim Tornetta reported that the solo truck in progress of being worked on. Brian stated that the next solo event is this coming Saturday, March 6th at NJMP Lightning course. In conjunction with the solo, there will be an annual tech for competition race cars which will be held at NJMP Thunderbolt course. Also, there will be a presentation to LCMS director, Fay Teal, by NJMP's Joe Volpe for the track's donation to her worthy cause. Brian continued that there is a new lot in Williamstown and Craig has been in negotiations with the owner who is asking for $6,000 in rent for the season - half of that up front. There are nine (9) events scheduled for this year. Brian will get more information from Craig about this. The Sony lot in Pitman is another option. J.D. explained the layout of the Williamstown lot. Discussion on how best to set this lot up to make it run efficiently. There was a discussion as to our insurance coverage at this was questioned by the risk management folks at Sony. It was felt that we should get this information to them to allay any fears they may have.

Dave Rose Scholarship - - Jim stated that two (2) novice drivers has applied for the scholarship - Val and Jay. Val will take her drivers school at NJMP and Jay will be going to the drivers school at Summit Point. Meg made a motion to grant two (2) scholarships this year to cover the costs for Val and Jay. Second by Bob. Motion carried. J.D. pointed out that we should put out the word about this drivers school scholarship far enough in advance for applicants that would/could use it for next year.

Rally - Jim Wakemen stated that the schedule is set for this year. Jim will get all reports on the rallies to Sue. His biggest concern is the Pine Barrens Express event in the fall. We will need a lot of folks to help put on this event.

Old Business - We need to get a begging letter together and send to DC Region asking for the use of their traffic light(s) for our 12 hour.

New Business - - Jim T. went over our needs for race equipment. J.D. explained that we can purchase scales for tech at a cost of $1,565.00 which includes the carrying case and shipping. We will have to fabricate the ramps. Motion by Bob that we put our order in for the scales and pay this cost out of the race account. Second by Brian. Motion carried. The region, also, needs to purchase a sound meter and lightning meter and also look into the purchase of timing equipment. We will need to do more research into these items, therefore, this was tabled for the time being. Jim has been approached about having a troop of Boy Scouts attend our 12 hour event. J.D. asked Jim to get more information and get this to him.

There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 9:10 PM.

Respectfully submitted,

Sue King
Secretary