BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING

South Jersey Region-Sports Car Club of America, Inc.

January 2010

The January 2010 meeting of the Board of Directors for the South Jersey Region of the Sports Car Club of America, Inc. was held at the home of Brian Heun on Wednesday evening, January 6, 2010. The meeting was called to order by R.E., Jim Tornetta at 8:10 PM.

Present were: Jim Tornetta, Bob Childress, Jim Wakemen, Brian Heun, Craig Robson, Mike Allenbaugh, and Sue King. Guests were Valerie Heun and Chris Houliaras.

Treasury - Sue reported as the interim treasurer that we have $4,004.00 in the operating account and $19, 446.00 in the race account, that balance is after our payment to NJMP of $10,000.00 as deposit for the 2010 race season.

Membership - In Meg's absence it was determined that we have 341 paid members to date.

Reorganization of the Board of Directors - Jim Tornetta will remain as R.E., J.D. King will serve as Asst. R.E., Sue King will stay and Secretary, and Craig Dobson will serve as Treasurer. Bob Childress, Jim Wakemen, Brian Heun, Meg Meyer, and Mike Allenbaugh will all serve as members-at-large. Motion by Mike that the officers positions be so noted for the year 2010 with a second by Jim Wakemen. Motion carried.

Craig Dobson, Keith Zane and Sue will meet at Sue's home on Saturday, January 16th to go over the treasurer's materials given over from John Borden.

Solo - Chris reported that there are 61 pre-registered for the January 9th event at NJMP. Brian and Chris will set the dates for the 2010 season. Brian will contact Camden County College about contract negotiations. Chris also mentioned that the Sony site in Pitman apparently is available and Aaron will make his contact to set tentative dates at that venue.

Rally - Jim Wakemen reported that the 2010 schedule is being formed and he hopes to have seven or eight events this year. He will meet with Raritan Valley club about SJR running the Pine Barrens Express (PBX) event. Jim is the Chairman for the National Rally Board and the BOD's first meeting, held January 4th, went very well.

Old Business - Jim Tornetta reported that there was a meeting at Lamon's last weekend to go over the Solo truck and what needs to be done for refurbishing. It was estimated that the cost to refurbish would be in the $1,500.00 neighborhood.

Mike reported that he has contacted the DJ for our banquet scheduled for January 30th at the Officers Club located at the Thunderbolt facility at NJMP.

Mike reported that our website needs some updating. It was pointed out by several board members that Meg can only update if she is given new information. She will be contacted.

New Business - Brian has volunteered to contact the legal counsel for NJMP in the pending lawsuit by the Track Racket organization. Brian would like SJR to interplead on behalf of NJMP. Motion by Bob Childress to have Brian explore the possibility of interpleading on behalf of NJMP, second by Mike Allenbaugh. Motion carried. Sue suggested that Brian contact Jeffrey D'Lazzero who is NJMP's legal counsel.

Mike has been in contact with Dave Hess about putting on the PDX event in March in conjunction with the driver's school at NJMP. This will be discussed further at the Race Planning Committee meeting that is scheduled for Monday evening, January 18th at our regular meeting place. Mike, also, announced that the JRB members will be attending a meeting put on by the New Jersey State Police to be held in Trenton on January 26th.

Mike is trying to put together a Solo Safety Steward class to be held in conjunction with the NEDiv Roundtable put on by NNJR in north jersey in March.

There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 9:20 PM.

Respectfully submitted,

Sue King
Secretary