BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING

South Jersey Region-Sports Car Club of America, Inc.

December 2009

The December 2009 meeting of the Board of Directors for the South Jersey Region of the Sports Car Club of America, Inc. was held at the home of Sue King on Wednesday evening, December 2, 2009. The meeting was called to order by R.E., Jim Tornetta at 8 PM.

Present were: Meg Meyer, Bob Childress, Jim Wakemen, Mike Allenbaugh, Brian Heun, Jim Tornetta, Sue King and J.D. King. Guests were: Craig Dobson and Chris Houliaras.

Treasury - Sue King gave an interim report of $4,000.00 in the operating account and $30,000.00 in the race account. There are bills to be paid to National and J.D. reminded all that we will need to send a deposit to NJMP for the coming 2010 racing year.

Membership - Meg reported that we have approximately 361 paid members.

Banquet - Craig reported that we have 41 pre-registered for the first of the winter series events that will be held this coming Saturday, December 5. Andre has designed the course. There was a conference call between the solo committee and the track to hammer out the final details for this event. The almost new solo truck, which was recently purchased, is domiciled at Jim Tornetta's shop, and a work crew will assemble there on Saturday, December 19th, to get a handle on what needs to be done to get it into presentable appearance and to organize the interior for storage. Brian will be in touch with Camden County College to set up dates for the 2010 season and get the contract together with them. Brian asked Chris to get together the list of those who will be getting trophies at the banquet. We are running low on trophies for the solo series and it was suggested that Andrew Zimmerman be contacted to put in a new order. It was also suggested that we can present the old trophies, that have been left over from previous years, this weekend. Discussion followed on this idea. Jim stated that he has been in touch with Dave Hess, who had designed the solo trophies, and that he, Jim, has asked Dave about coming back as our PDX instructor.

Rally - Jim Wakemen gave a report on the Pine Barrens Express rally that was run right before Thanksgiving stating that the course was good, although the instructions had a few glitches. There were 62 entrants. The NNJR will not be running this rally and the Mini Monte-run in August; May Day-in May, of course; and Teddy Bear-run in December, events next year. Jim felt that we can take over the running of these events if we can inherit other rallymasters. Jim announced that he has accepted the Chairmanship of the National Rally Board and that he will be attending the National convention in January. Jim, Sr. and Mark have won the NE Division rally series. The Mid-Atlantic rally series has been let go.

Banquet - J.D. presented the menu that will be served at our banquet scheduled for January 30th. Selections were made for the appetizers and main course. It was suggested that workers, who entered through DLB, be given awards/incentives. This will be decided at a future meeting. Jim T. would like to invite two individuals to our banquet and pay their expenses. They are Linda Louie, who was our T & S chief, and Bart Carlevaro, who took over as our Pit chief. Meg put this into a form of a motion which was seconded by Mike. The motion carried. Linda and Bart are NNJR members. Mike also announced that he has procured the DJ at a cost of $300.00.

Treasury - J.D. went over the schedule for 2010. March 27-28 will be the Drivers School which will be held on Lightning. June 5-6 is the National on Thunderbolt. June 18-19 is the 12 Hour on Thunderbolt. July 10-11 is a Regional (NJRRS/MARRS) on Thunderbolt. August 21-22 is a Regional (NJRRS and possible MARRS) on Lightning. October 23-24 is a Regional on Lightning.

Old Business - None.

New Business - None.

There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 9PM.

Respectfully submitted,

Sue King
Secretary