BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING

South Jersey Region-Sports Car Club of America, Inc.

May 2009

The May 2009 meeting of the Board of Directors for the South Jersey Region of the Sports Car Club of America, Inc. was held at the home of Sue King on Thursday evening, May 7, 2009. The meeting was called to order by R.E., Jim Tornetta at 8:10 PM.

Present were: Michael Allenbaugh, Jim Tornetta, Jim Wakemen, John Borden, Meg Meyer, Sue King, J.D. King and Bob Childress.

To start off, J.D. reported that Bill Von Siskal has stepped up to take over as the grid chief pending confirmation of his credentials. J.D. also announced that long time rally participant, Bob Jumper, had passed away.

Jim Tornetta stated that there will be no board meeting in July due to the fact that we are going to be very busy with the regional event at NJMP. J.D. stated that we change the meetings back to the first Wednesday of each month because Jim Wakemen no longer has his rally board meetings on that night. So, with unanimous approval, it was decided that the BOD meetings will be held on the first Wednesday of each month until further notice. Therefore, the June meeting will be held on June 3rd with the meeting place to be determined.

Jim, also, stated that he has been getting emails complaining about how expensive Filomena's is and can't we change our membership meeting place. Jim said that Jack Oliver has gone to the Chicago Uno Grill on Rt. 73-south and Jack stated that the prices were more to our liking. John offered to check with Fontana's in Maple Shade, where we had met previously. He was given the go ahead. Michael Allenbaugh offered to check on accommodations. It may be possible to have our June membership meeting at the Chicago Uno Grill after a report from Michael.

Solo Report - Michael reported that the first event is scheduled for Camden County College on Sunday, May 17th. The sanction has been completed. Sue will contact Dan Zane to have him bring back the cones used at the driver to be loaded on the Solo trailer.

Treasurer's Report - John apologized to all the board members for his behavior at the last race planning committee meeting. He has decided to stay on the board and act as our treasurer. Discussion centered on the parameters of his role as the treasurer and what guidelines will be used.

Jim wants the race planning committee meetings to be tightened up and asked Bob to be more in charge as the Chairman. It was suggested that the minutes be posted at a reasonable time so all members of the committee will be aware of what is going on if they should happen to miss a meeting.

There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:30 PM.

The next meeting will be on June 3rd, 2009.

Respectfully submitted,

Sue King
Secretary