BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING

South Jersey Region-Sports Car Club of America, Inc.

April 2008

The April 2008 meeting of the Board of Directors for the South Jersey Region of the Sports Car Club of America, Inc. was held at the home of Brian Heun on Thursday evening, April 3, 2008. The meeting was called to order by R.E., Jim Tornetta at 8:10 PM.

Present were: Jim Tornetta, Meg Meyer, Bob Childress, Sue King, Brian Heun, and Jim Wakeman. Guest was Val Heun.

Treasurer's Report - No report.

Membership - Meg reported that we have 230 paid members to date.

Solo - Brian reported that our first event on March 30th went well. The College security person even walked the course, he had comments and questioned a few things but all in all he was actually very unobtrusive. There were a few timing glitches. There were a total of 69 drivers who each got 6 runs. 26 weekend memberships were sold. We had an income of $2,300.00 from the event and after all the bills were paid we realized a income of $591.00. We need cables which will cost $75 for 200 feet. The generator was surging and may have been the problem with the computer. The printer that we have is slowly dying and Brian and Val felt that we should invest in a new printer as well as a new mouse. Val stated that the printer will probably cost $35 and the mouse should run about $20. Brian felt that we should invest in these new items. Discussion on the need to have the generator reconditioned. Sue will look into a local business that handles small items like the generator. Meg made a motion to order a new printer and mouse and have the generator looked at, second by Bob. Motion carried. The next event is April 27th.

Worker Symposium - Meg reported that 109 people turned out for this event at the DRBA building at the Millville Airport. 27 of those folks were new to our type of racing. Jim Tornetta felt that it went off well with a lot of interest being shown in the worker specialities. Sue will put a thank you letter together directed toward the DRBA for making their facility available.

Budget - Jim Tornetta reported that J.D. has put together a budget and Jim asked that J.D., Brian and John B. get together about approaching our friends to the south for financial assistance-a formal letter of request.

Rally - Rally - Jim Wakeman reported on the double event which was held on the weekend of March 29th & 30th. The first was Dave Tetter's rally in Delaware and our Spring Fling on Sunday. There were 20 entries. Our next rally event will be April 13th. The BABE rally will be held on Mother's Day weekend.

New Business - Jim T. reported that David Teal stepped down as chairman for the Race Planning Committee. He will still be active on the board. Jim suggested maybe Ed Jenks will be interested in chairing this committee. Jim will email and/or contact Ed by phone to see if he would be interested in taking on this duty. Jim will report at the general membership meeting the outcome of this contact. Jim did state that David will give as much help as he possibly can to the new chair. Discussion followed on Ed's credentials for this position.

Meg is officially now the third person on the JRB board for our Region.

There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:40 PM.

Respectfully submitted,

Sue King
Secretary