BOARD MEETING

South Jersey Region-Sports Car Club of America, Inc.

October 2007

The October 2007 meeting of the Board of Directors for the South Jersey Region of the Sports Car Club of America, Inc. was held at the home of Sue King on Wednesday evening, October 3, 2007. The meeting was called to order by R.E., Jim Tornetta at 8:15 PM.

Present were - Brian Heun, Jim Tornetta, Jim Wakeman, J.D. King, and Sue King.

Membership - In Meg's absence Jim Tornetta reported that we have 233 paid members to date. J.D. has been approached by the folks at Thunderbolt to provide a training program for workers at that facility. In that vein, Meg had sent the Board members an email about setting up a preliminary meeting of anyone who might be interested in organizing races at Thunderbolt. She went on to say that we need to start brainstorming and getting lists of potential workers and volunteers.

Solo - Brian reported that we had a great September with two events being run back to back over two weekends with 60 to 65 entrants for both events. Those entrants got 6 runs at the first event and 7 runs at the second event. The November event has been cancelled One reason is the weather and the second reason was the college did not have us on their calendar. October 14th will be the last event of the season. It seems that more students from the college are turning out to run our events. The timing equipment ran flawlessly but we do need to replace the cables and Brian will follow up. Sue mentioned that she had received an email from Ed McDonnell who is the Vice President of Camden County College and also a Camden County Freeholder. The email was about the LARC school in Bellmawr and they are having a 10K run and two-mile walk across the Ben Franklin Bridge and he is seeking donations for that event which takes place on November 4th. Motion was made by Brian that the Region donate $100 to the LARC school. Second by J.D. Motion carried. Brian reported that the Solo site at Ripkin has gone away due to the fact that there will be construction of new housing near that site.

Thunderbolt - J.D. reported the we have to change our dates. The first two have been removed. We have a date in July on the 18th-20th which will be held on the Lightening course. The August and October dates remain the same and those events will be run on the Lightening course, also. The September 19th-21st date will be run on the Thunderbolt course. The Board was in agreement about these changes. Discussion followed about whether to run a PDX at the new facility; test days. J.D. put together a draft for the agreement between our Region and the Northern New Jersey Region for the organizing and running of races at the New Jersey Motorsports Park. Brian will get together with J.D. and finalize this agreement. Discussion followed.

Tri-region - J.D. reported that the August National at Pocono made money. The exact amount will be known at the next Tri-Region meeting. It is questionable if the PDX will be run at Pocono in 2008.

Rally - Jim Wakeman reported that the 'Oldies But Goodies' event will be run on October 14th. It will begin and end at J G Cooks in Pitman.

Old Business - Brian reported that he is in the process of revising our By Laws and he will have a draft by the next BOD meeting.

New Business - If you read the most current Fastrack News from National you would have read the motion made and passed to require Solo and Rally participants beginning January 1, 2008 to be a regular member or a weekend member of the SCCA. We will discuss this at our regular membership meeting next week.

There being no further business, meeting was adjourned at 9:20 PM.

Respectfully submitted,

Sue King
Secretary