BOARD MEETING

South Jersey Region-Sports Car Club of America, Inc.

April 2007

The April 2007 meeting of the Board of Directors for the South Jersey Region of the Sports Car Club of America, Inc. was held at the home of Sue King on Wednesday evening, April 4, 2007. The meeting was called to order by R.E., Jim Tornetta at 8:30 PM.

Present were - Meg Meyer, Sue King, Jack Oliver, John Borden, Jim Wakeman, Jim Tornetta and David Hess.

Treasurer's Report - John reported on the balance sheet as of December 31, 2006. We have a current balance of $10,102.00 which includes the CD's of $3,500.00 and the Dave Rose Scholarship Fund of $2,000.00.

Solo II - David reported that Andrew Zimmerman has the new design for trophies that David designed. It was suggested that we order 300 for Placed, 75 for PAX, 20 for FTD, and 300 for First. John and Jim T. reported on our first event held at Camden County College on April 1st. We had 66 paid entrants who got 6 runs each. It was felt that this venue is getting more popular - due in part to the number of runs they are getting. Jim felt that we should set a limit of entrants to 100 cars. Discussion centered on what the repercussions might be, if any, to this limitation. John suggested that we wait and see just what the number of entrants for the next few events comes to before making a firm decision on the 100 car limit. We had some novices out for the first event who didn't know that they could ask to have an instructor on board. Discussion on how best to identify an novice and it was suggested that an X be placed on their cars so the instructors can easily identify them. It was also suggested that the instructors be easy to identify by the novice entrants. David will order hats with Instructor on them and an easily identifiable color such as day glow orange. John suggested that we really look at the helmets the competitors are wearing to make sure they are current. Our next event is April 29th. John reported on the lot at Burlington County Institute. He felt that it was just too narrow. It's okay for the hybrid cars but not for our events.

Tri-region - Sue reported that we need instructors for the PDX to be held at Pocono on Father's day weekend. She asked that our Solo instructors participate in this program and David to coordinate. He volunteered. Jack also said that there is a need for workers to man the corners.

Rally - Jim W. reported that our next event is April 15th. Trophies are being ordered. Dash plaques to the first 20 paid entrants.

Old Business - Sue reported the FAA gave final approval on March 30th . Thunderbolt will break ground is a few weeks. JD will advise when so we can all make arrangements to attend and show our support.

Membership - Meg reported that we have 238 paid members.

There being no further business, meeting was adjourned at 9:30 PM.

Respectfully submitted,

Sue King
Secretary