BOARD MEETING

South Jersey Region-Sports Car Club of America, Inc.

March 2005

The March 2005 meeting of the Board of Directors for the South Jersey Region of the Sports Car Club of America, Inc. was held at the home of Sue King on Wednesday, March 2, 2005. The meeting was called to order by Asst. R.E., Jim Tornetta at 8:15 PM.

Present were: John Borden, Jim Wakeman, Meg Meyer, Sue King, Jim Tornetta, Grace Huntzinger, and David Hess.

Solo II - Jim reported that J.D. had gotten dates for ATCO which will be published in At Speed. Grace reported that Brian is looking a possible sites at Rowan University in Glassboro and also the Washington Township High School in Turnersville. She will report further as soon as she gets information from Brian. John felt that we should have a test and tune/novice day (tentatively scheduled for April 16th). Discussion centered on when best to put this on. John reported that there will be a Solo II organizational meeting scheduled for Tuesday, March 15th to identify the format for the test and tune and instructors. John felt we should have as many instructors as possible. Discussion on how best to list the test and tune/novice day information on our web site. John reported that the track fee for ATCO is now $1,000.00. Jim reported that J.D. has finally been in contact with the folks at Camden. He will have further information on this at a later date. Solo II registration fee - Grace made a motion to charge $35.00 for non-members and $25.00 for members of the Region. Second by David. Motion carried. Meg suggested that we revive our brochure to show this year's dates and continue with the $5.00 off coupon. Grace raised a question about this coming year's magnetic trophies in that we do not put the date on them. David volunteered to get the trophies together. Sue asked about sponsorship for the series. Jim will check with J.D. about this. Grace suggested that the PAX series should bear the sponsors name - if we have a sponsor. Ideas were tossed around about gathering sponsors from local businesses in the Atco area.

Treasury - John reported that there is a balance in the operating account of $6,292.32. John then went over the balance sheet to date. He then went over the unpaid bills (approximately $3,100.00). Motion by Jim Tornetta to pay these bills, second by Meg. Motion carried. John went over the proposed budget for this year. As it stands we will just about break even. The proposed budget was put on the floor for approval. Sue made a motion to accept the budget as presented, second by John. Motion carried.

Old Business - Jim W. suggested that we try the Whistler's Inn located on Rt. 130 in Cinnaminson. This restaurant is handicapped accessible. All were in agreement and planned our next membership meeting to be held there on Wednesday evening, March 16th. This restaurant is across from Bayard's Chocolate House.

New Business - Jim T. had some news about Ft. Dix. He had recently spoken with General Walker who is the logistics officer there. If McGuire's air show goes off without a hitch, we should get in contact with him or his office to talk about using the site. Apparently they are in the process of resurfacing some areas. Sue reported that at the Millville air show to be held in May, they are going to stage a Vintage race as part of the festivities. Jim W. needs some help in locating people who would be interested in bringing back a rally series. Sue gave a brief report on the Vintage Gran Prix that is to be held on the Camden waterfront Mothers Day weekend.

There being no further business, meeting was adjourned at 9:20 PM.

Respectfully submitted,

Sue King
Secretary