BOARD MEETING

South Jersey Region-Sports Car Club of America, Inc.

November 2004

The November 2004 meeting of the Board of Directors for the South Jersey Region of the Sports Car Club of America, Inc. was held at the home of Sue King on Wednesday, November 3, 2004. The meeting was called to order by R.E., J.D. King at 8:10 PM.

Present were: J.D. King, David Hess, John Borden, Jack Oliver, Ed Jenks, Meg Meyer, and Sue King.

Treasury Jack reported a balance in the operating account of $4,573.00. Jack stated that he has approximately $1,000.00 in outstanding bills. John reported that he has approximately $1,400.00 to hand in from the last solo event less $400.00 for the insurance for the event. Jack stated that the subsidy from Topeka for the National Convention, held in February of this year, was only $100.00. We will need to get clarification from Topeka about the size of the region (members) and the correct amount of the subsidy. This subsidy is to help defray the cost to our representative for attending the National convention.

Tri-Region Ed reported that a letter will be sent to Meg to post on our website about the 17 th , 18 th , & 19 th of June 2005 which happens to be Father's Day weekend, also, a race at Limerock and a race at Summit Point that same weekend so our worker situation is in not in good shape. It was suggested that we do a 1 or 2 day Hi Performance Car Control Clinic. This will keep the worker count to a minimum as we will need only one licensed corner worker on each corner along with one or two additional unlicensed corner workers, one steward, one registrar. The problem is the car count and how much will be charged for each car. It was suggested that we charge $200 to $225 per day as PDA charges $225 to $240 per car. We will be in the ball park for entry fees. J.D. stated that if this was double regional event, the entry would be $300. Ed suggested that, if we get 75 cars a day at $200, we could probably pull it off. Discussion centered on the number of instructors that would be needed what the ratio is for students per instructor. Also, discussion centered on the safety aspect of this type of event. Ed felt that we should be pulling drivers from the Solo II and Solo I crowd so announcements will be geared to these drivers. Ed suggested that this should be talked up at the next Solo event to get some kind of numbers for those who would be really interested in this type of venue.

Solo II John reported that there were 68 cars at the October 31st event which experienced a small fender bender where a Corvette C5 had a small confrontation with a trailer parked nearby. No one was hurt-just some pride. A claim will be submitted to Topeka . November 21 st is the next event. John stated that the timing display went down and will probably have to be replaced for next year. John will do some research and present it to the Board. Ed asked about the store bought timing system. Meg wants to talk to the DC guys and find out what type of system they have. The DC reps gave Meg a contact and she will follow up by getting info. John stated that the system Jim Thwaite found may not work properly but we won't know that until we use it at an event. All were in agreement, and we will continue to check to see if there is not another system we might utilize. David stated that a new system may not be the answer, training on the system we have in place may be the answer.

Old Business Hot Import Nights Jack reported that he was there for six hours and he felt that this type of show is our target audience Topeka should be made aware of this, that it is a grassroots type of show maybe Topeka should put some effort into helping promote this venue. This is a car show where people come to have their cars judged vendors are very much in attendance there were over 300 cars to be judged. Jack felt that this type of event is a potential membership arena. We had a booth and Carl Palma displayed his car. Jack suggested that we write a letter to the National Board of Directors about promoting this event. John felt that Carl did an excellant job and we should give him some additional help on planning any future events.

New Business - Mini Convention - November 13 th & 14 th Meg and Sue will attend. Maybe Ed and Jim Tornetta.

Banquet - It was decided that the Banquet will be held at Fontana 's in Maple Shade on Saturday evening, January 29, 2005. John will check with Fontana 's to make sure this date is open. J.D. has started to gather door prizes.

Christmas Parade Millville on Friday November 26 th New Jersey Motorsports Park will have a float. J.D. has secured race type cars along with Carl Palma's show car to be part of this parade to, not only promote the South Jersey Region, but to help promote Thunderbolt Raceway.

Jack has resigned as our Treasurer and John has taken on that responsibility.

Note: The September and October 2004 Board of Directors meetings were not held due to lack of a quorum.

There being no further business, meeting was adjourned at 9:25 PM.

Respectfully submitted,

Sue King
Secretary